Sunday, September 21, 2014

Soba, Congee, Gyros, etc

Last week's meals:

Sunday: soba noodles with stir fried veggies and tofu
The meal took 15 minutes, ahem precutfrozenveggies, and these noodles have such a nice texture.


Monday: green beans?
Honestly, I only remember the green beans, from A's coworker's garden. We are so lucky to know such generous people who have such awesome gardens.

Tuesday: leftovers and fish sticks

Wednesday: congee
I was inspired by my dear friend Mel to try congee. It took 2+ hours to linger on the stove, but it was low-intensity work and really delicious, quite soothing actually. For the record, I used 1 cup of rice and 10 cups of water. I got basic instructions from Mel and here: http://chinesefood.about.com/od/breakfast/r/congee.htm

Thursday: gyros and tiny roasted potatoes
A made these. We had with fresh tomatoes.And yogurt.

Friday: more gyros
This time with spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment