Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ready

It was early morning. Not that early, but early enough that the air felt crisp and light. He walked towards his truck, the bed loaded with several mountain bikes. He wore sweats and a t-shirt, and sort of shuffled, still waking up, perhaps.

I wondered about his morning, who he was meeting, who he was willing to get up a bit too early for, who's bike he was transporting. I wondered how excited he was to ride a bike, or if the bikes were just in the back of the truck. Maybe he was just going to buy a newspaper and hadn't unloaded the bikes yet.

As I neared the pickup truck, he walked towards the driver's seat and got in. That's when I was able to see the passenger seat inhabitant: a little kid, grinning, seatbelted in, already wearing his bicycle helmet. So ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Reminds me of my oldest girl when she has a "daddy date" with Jason. So ready to go!

    ReplyDelete