Thursday, October 21, 2010

Statististsitics

A little worky presentation. Okay, kind of a big one.
I needed help with the statistical analysis.
The statistician is incredibly busy. She was kind enough to meet me to go over one tiny equation.
She took a deep breath from behind her stacks (and stacks) of paper. On the computer screen, peeping from behind these stacks, was a spreadsheet. Filled with numbers. (Classic! I thought).
Okay, she said. Did you bring the article? She sighed patiently as I pulled out the papers. What's the topic? (Wearily).

***

Oooooh. She lit up. This is my passion! Oh, I just love this stuff! Is this something you're interested in?
It turns out, the specific topic I had chosen to address in teenagers is the exact same field she has done research in (for years!) with an adult population.

*
(I never thought I'd find a kindred spirit in a statistician!)

No comments:

Post a Comment